Friday, August 1, 2014

Teacher Style: Printed Skirt Inspiration

Okay, yesterday I showed you a floral printed skirt styled six ways. Today, you are privy to more pictures of my very favorite skirt, which also happens to be from Francesca's. I love this skirt, and I didn't even realize how in love with it I would be when I first bought it. In fact, when Mom was taking my pictures for this post, I declared, "If I had to marry any article of my clothing, it'd be this skirt." If my personality were illustrated by a skirt, this one would paint the prettiest picture. It's surprisingly adaptable (I can make myself comfortable wherever), affordable (I'm a cheap date), colorful (if you've read this blog for any length of time, you know how colorful I am), and fun (there, I said it).

When I worked on styling this skirt two more ways, I came across an idea I've never before considered: knotting a cardigan. Whaaaat? I love the effect of a tied shirt. I don't care how 80s it is; I think it makes a look instantly more fun and fresh. Also, I think the tied shirt is like the non-pregnant woman's version of adding a belt above a baby bump. It adds some visual interest just tucking in a shirt cannot always provide. The gray cardigan in the last look is very thin, so it tied up just perfectly. Obviously, a thick cardigan isn't so suitable for this idea.

The Skirt: Francesca's
*********************

Look 1 (winterized): blazer + sweater + scarf + booties
(Sweater: Elle via Kohl's / Blazer (old): Express / Booties: Old Navy / Scarf: made by my Momma)

Look 2: colored top + neutral shoes + gold accessories
(Top: LOFT / Shoes: Me Too via DSW / Belt: Target)
Look 3: colored shirt + colored cardigan + nude flats
 (Top: Merona via Target / Cardigan: Sonoma via Kohl's / Flats: Target)

Look 4: chambray + long necklace + metallic flats
 (Chambray: Old Navy / Flats: via DSW / Necklace: H&M)
Look 5: neutral cardigan + tank + pendant necklace + sneakers
 (Cardigan: New York & Co. / Tank: WHBM / Necklace: Lauren Conrad / Shoes: Converse)

Oh, and a close up of the skirt if you want to see it:

8 comments:

  1. I've always loved this skirt, it's super fun! I don't think I've ever seen a knotted cardigan but it totally works! Also, you are making me wish I had grey chucks. Darn you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This skits is one of my favorite of your, love how you always style it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this skirt too! Looks 3 & 4 are probably my favorites, though all of them are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun skirt! Love look #3!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have really got some great looks going on with that skirt. Such a versatile piece!! Happy Friday girl.

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a fabulous skirt. And I love pieces that have so many different colors to play off. The possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, little lady, I looove this skirt. It reminds me of a tribal and lighter colored version of my favorite skirt (the floral/tropical one I've been wearing during my 20x30 challenge). They're both perfectly comfortable and remixable - what more could one want in a skirt, right?! I like how you've been able to dress it up and down, as well. (Please open this link - the picture describes how I feel about this post: http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/santa-cruz/829874d1378436090-santa-cruz-solo-aluminum-project-borat-very_nice.jpg)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute skirt and I love how versatile it is!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.