Friday, August 16, 2013

Gray Maxi Skirt

I'm a smidge sad that the Teacher Wardrobe Staple series (say that three times fast) came to an end yesterday, so I need to think about how I can revive it once a week/month. Or something like it. Maybe I'll do a Teacher Staples 30x30? That might just work.

I'm not wearing any shoes with this outfit because I felt like being a hippie for ten minutes. (Read: I was too lazy to put on my shoes before the pictures.)

The Look:
Jean Jacket: Old Navy (it's a bit bigger, so I chose to roll the sleeves for a different look.)
Maxi Skirt: American Eagle
Belt: I have NO idea! I think Target.
Shirt: Target


I wanted you to see my diva face...also known as "the wind is making me eat my hair" face. 

The Details:

Occasion: My birthday dinner! (A relaxed one with family, not a date night)

When: 4-bed time

Where: My parents' house with just my closest family members

Restyling Options: Clearly, I would put on shoes.  I actually did restyle this before I walked out of the door by putting on a white cardigan (didn't want to wear a jean jacket in my parents' house, but it was too chilly for short sleeves) and an aqua belt. I wore white, strappy sandals. 
I wore the wine-colored version of the skirt like this

How would you style this skirt?


Style Elixir

Last day to enter Sam's Target card giveaway
I'm wearing items from Target in this outfit post, so it's meant to be.
Duh.


6 comments:

  1. I love that skirt! The pleating detail is so pretty! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad the series is over too! You should try to make it into a regular thing. I really like this maxi skirt, does it have little pleats?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that outfit. And that skirt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree that you should make this a more regular series! I would support that decision :) Keep us posted! :)

    brynnash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit, lady!

    Thank you for linking up with Friday's Fab Favorites!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great look! I wish I could wear a maxi skirt like this, so cute! Too bad I'm s stinking short.
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.