Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I'm so hoooooood.

Okay, not really.
But, I feel a little hood in my bandana. 
In fact, Jeff came home and asked me whether I was a Blood or Crypt. 
This same husband, of course, commented on my bandana about five times in two hours. Apparently, he wholly approves of my wardrobe addition. I'll tell you a secret: I've had this bandana (in black, pink, red, yellow, and green--I had a bandana phase back in the day) for YEARS, but I never knew how to wear them until now. I'm so glad I didn't toss any of them since Jeff digs the look. Who knew?

The Look:
Top: The Limited (last year)
Pants: Target, I think?
Flats: Nine West via Marshall's (they're my something metallic for the link up)
Earrings: NY & Co.

I'm not sure where Mom bought her shorts or sandals, but I know the shirt is from Banana Republic outlet. (We were together when she bought it!)

The Details:

Occasion: errands with Momma dukes and casual dinner with Mom and Jeff

Where: indoors (definitely needed a sweater in BJ's)

When: 3-10

Comfort Rating: 8 (my feet aren't used to flats right now, so my pinky toes hurt by 10. I also forgot a belt, which meant I was hiking up my pants.) 

Restyling Option: When we went to dinner, I threw on a long cardigan for some warmth. To make the look edgier and more "night out" appropriate, I'd add a leather jacket and some heels (maybe a pair with some color.) I could tuck the front and add a colorful belt. For a fun day look, I could knot the shirt and wear it with a maxi skirt.

Pinspiration:


(Note: I would not wear leggings as shown. I'd wear my black normal PANTS.)

button





3 comments:

  1. Very cute, your shoes are great! I really like the "details" information you've been including in your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit - you look so casual and cute :) I'm loving all these super cute white tops you've been wearing!!!

    brynnash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I have that same tank from The Limited! I don't wear it nearly as often as I thought I would when I bought it, but it really is a great top. Might have to wear it today :)

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.