Friday, December 6, 2013

Far Out Friday

After I finished getting ready this morning, I walked into the living room and asked my husband, "Do I look like I belong in the 70s? Should we call it Disco Friday?" A few moments later he responded with, "Far Out Friday." He had me at alliteration. One of the many reasons I married that guy.

Also, I would like to rename this hairstyle, "So Easy a Danielle Could Do It." The sock bun? Horrible mess that ended in the sacrifice of far too many socks. The modified sock bun that involves a pre made mesh thing, which does not include the maiming of innocent socks? Better...as long as my hair is wet. Otherwise, with dry hair, I end up with uncovered sections of the pseudo sock thing. And alfalfa sprouts. So uncomely. FINALLY, I found a bun that I can do when I wake up late with curly hair frizzing out farther than I can extend my arms. It's perfect for women without really thick hair.

Yesterday, while perusing our good friend, Bloglovin', I saw a post by  Kate (who's going to be a mommy soon!), and I just love Kate. I have never met her in real life, but she seems sincerely sweet, and girlfriend knows how to do hair. The specific hairstyle I chose (of the three she demonstrates) is The Fancy Bun. I didn't pull out the two pieces of hair because, well, I felt that part made it fancy, and I didn't feel fancy this morning. I did, however, feel "far out." (My hair also felt far out. Thankfully, Kate's little tutorial fixed me right up.)

Pardon the awful quality. It's raining cats and dogs out there.


The Outfit:
Shirt: Old Navy
Sleeveless Cardigan: Gap Outlet
Necklace: The Limited
Bag: Kenneth Cole Reaction via Boscov's
Pants: J Brand via Marshall's





P.S. The hairstyle involves only a hair elastic and bobby pins. No need for socks or mesh or other complicated things. 

4 comments:

  1. Your hair looks amazing! I've only successfully pulled off one of Kate's tutorials, but this one looks easy so I just might try it too. I have never been able to pull off the sock bun or the mesh thingy either. It's been miserable and rainy here too =( boooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit and the hair! I never got the sock thing to work and I have this weird fear that you can see the mesh donut...so this tutorial you linked to is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kate's tutorials as well! She seems like such a sweetheart. I never knew why I could never get the bun just right, and I think you've hit the nail on the head with the slightly damp hair. I will have to try that next time!

    ..and I am very jealous that you found JBrands at your Marshall's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha you are hilarious as always. I have such trouble with the sock bun too but I just thought it was because my hair never does what I want it to. Since your hair is a bit curly/wavy that bun looks so so good! Like you just threw it back and BOOM, perfect hair.
    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.