Monday, May 28, 2012

Outfit Fun & Memorial Musings

I just finished grading research papers, so I really have no mojo for a poem.

However, I will leave you with some of my thoughts. 

On Facebook today, I posted the following:
Writing a research paper without actually citing any of your research is much like celebrating Memorial Day without actually acknowledging what you're memorializing. Thank you, veterans, for this day off that allows me to grade the rest of these research papers and draw such a comparison as this one.

True true.

This weekend, I learned (did I know this information before?) that my paternal grandfather was a Marine. I knew my maternal grandfather was in the Air Force (he made sure to tell the same story ad nauseum, so it was a bit difficult to forget), but how did I miss the memo about my dad's dad? Maybe I need to pay more attention. When we're little, we disregard so many of our parents' and grandparents' stories (except maybe for the funny or incredible ones) when we should be drinking in everything that they have to say. It's a shame we don't realize how cool our elders are until someone else considers us elders. 

That's all, folks.

Oh, in case you're wondering, my entire outfit, minus the Jessica Simpson blue flats, is from Old Navy. 
I love me some Old Navy, especially since it sits beside a Marshall's and a Bed Bath & Beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.