Thursday, March 6, 2014

Why do you build me up, buttercup...

Just to let me down (let me down) with your unpretty pictures? I'll tell you why, sugar pie. I like this outfit so much that, poorly taken pictures and all, I wanted to share it with you. Sure, the outfit might not be amazing, but doesn't that pale yellow just make you smile? Add to that the polka dots and you've got a winning combination.

Yes, I had to have Jeff help me put on my cardigan, but I wore just enough layers to remain comfortable at work. Rewind a moment. Does anyone else suffer from sleeves-too-tight syndrome? Let's get real here, people. I have spindly little arms of which I am fully aware. However, you would think I was trying to squeeze a leg into some of my cardigans. I mean, for whom are they making these sleeves anyway? If even I struggle to stuff my toothpick arms into the armholes, we have a problem, Houston. So, I have to buy cardigans in a size small if I want to wear anything other than just my arms under those sleeves. Of course, the small sleeves fit better, but then my 12-year-old-boy-sized chest just floats under the rest of it. I am not talented enough to make my own cardigans, so suffer I must. Oh, these first world problems of mine.



The Look:
Cardigan: New York & Co.
Oxford: Lauren Conrad via Kohl's
Black Jeans: American Eagle (technically "jeggings," but who likes that word anyway?)
Belt: Target (love me some Target belts)
Boots: b.o.c. via DSW  

This look was loosely inspired by this pin.
Obviously, it's still too cold to copy the pin exactly, but I liked the idea
of a yellow cardigan with my polka dot oxford.


I also wore the jeans this way,

and the cardigan this way,

and the oxford this way.

---------------------------------------

Linking up with
and

(You'd think I would've linked up better pictures for all of those links. Well, I hope the words make it worth it.)
---------------------------------------

9 comments:

  1. I actually like the shade of your sweater better than the one in the pin! You can never go wrong with polka dots. I may have to try this look sometime, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute outfit. Too tight sleeves are annoying. I tried on what I thought would be the perfect striped blazer at Loft and it fit perfectly everywhere except the arms. Boo. They didn't have the next size up either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the softest buttercup color, I agree. Not only the color but the detail on that cardi: love the pockets & buttons. How I do not own a White w/ Black Polka Dots Button-down like that it's crazy I know. Maybe I will have one tailored for me around my Birthday. And your rhyming girl. LOL

    Again, I want to know about that amazing mane. =)

    Have a Great Weekend and I am looking forward to Pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see what you did there, Buttercup! I'm totally onboard with wearing spring colors even though winter insists on sticking around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh one of my favorite songs
    great classic look
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you posted this outfit. The cheery yellow and the addition of polka dots makes this such a fun outfit, especially when you're stuck in the winter blues.

    I've never tried layering with cardigans for the same reason. If my cardigan sleeves aren't tight against my bare arms, I'm not warm enough. There's no way I would risk forever loosening those sleeves by layering something under them. Even pushing up my sleeves leaves them too loose for my liking. It's too bad because layering looks like yours look SO good! Ahh the woes of having small arms and cardigans that aren't tight enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is too cute! Looks like I need a sunny yellow cardigan! And yeah I feel you on cardigan sleeves. Wearing button-down shirts under a cardigan can be pretty irritating because the blouse sleeves are all bunched up and clinging to my skin because of the cardigan's tight sleeves! Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeggings is the worst word. At least you paired them with a darling outfit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I often find that sleeves are too tight. It's crazy. Perhaps they are making clothing for humans with bodies shaped like the new fashion doll bodies--you know the ones loosely based on classic horror stories? :-) This is a lovely outfit and the yellow is very cheerful. I'm a new follower of your blog and I'm looking forward to reading your future posts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.