Dear, Shopping-Addicted Self,
1. Do not buy anything just because it is on sale; otherwise, you will end up with a closet full of mismatched pieces (i.e. the hole I am currently digging my wardrobe out of).
2. Conversely, never pay full price for anything unless it is already within the price point you wish to spend on that particular item.
3. Just because it fits does not mean it ships to "you look like the bomb.com" town. Additionally, just because, "Mooooom, everyone else is wearing it!" and it looks good on everyone else, does not mean it will look good on you.
4. Confidence completes any outfit. If you're confident in rocking those paisley pants, then you get down with your bad self and rock those paisley pants. Fashion is meant to be fun, not formulated.
5. If you do not absolutely love it in the store, you certainly will not love it once you get it home. Some outfits just do not qualify as "take me home to Momma" material. Accept it.
6. If it itches, bunches, pulls, and smacks you in the face (or other, more awkward body parts) after five minutes in the dressing room, you're going to be dolphin-punching angry after five hours in it. You used this strategy when you shopped for wedding dresses, and it worked swimmingly. Apply this strategy to all clothing.
7. If you cannot make this item part of at least three different outfits in your wardrobe, then it is a colossal waste of money.
8. If you continue to buy five versions of the same damn black sweater or striped shirt or red cardigan, I'm stealing your piggy bank and never returning it. And you like that piggy bank because it's actually an orange elephant you named Penny. Penny's life depends on this rule.
9. You know the best place to shop? Your own closet! Oh.Em.Geeee. Who would've thunk it? You have so many lovely clothes that your husband has to store his in the office closet. Maybe you should shop your own closet before heading to Target...again.
Please take these rules into consideration every time that you pull out your wallet, or I will be forced to hide your Pirate's Booty cheddar puffs somewhere that you will never find them. Penny will go with them.
Your Reasonable Shopper Other Half
Does anyone else have public, written conversations with themselves? Or, is that idiosyncrasy all mine?
Anyway, I hope you enjoy today's outfit. I came up with a new way (for me) to tie my scarf: in a bow! I figure shirts with bows are all the rage. What should stop me from turning my scarf into one?
Maybe common sense, but who has that anymore?
Sweater: Forever 21
Pants: J.Lo via Kohl's (Momma bought 'em for me!)
Boots: Franco Sarto via Marshall's
Scarf: From Momma (not sure where she got it)
What would you put in a letter to yourself?