Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I have no boundaries.

Today, our senior class graduates! Of course, I had to write this post the night before graduation because I am teaching a full day and then working graduation, which entails corralling teenage boys. 

I did not wear this dress to graduation (back is too low). I wore it to another Memorial Day BBQ on Monday because it was 90 degrees outside. Sure, I still suffered from inner thigh sweat, but whatever. Embrace the thigh sweat. Speaking of inner thigh sweat, I am SO glad graduation is at 8 p.m. tonight. Last year, it was earlier in the day, and it was so hot that I thought my inner thighs would start a fire. Of course, they were sweating so profusely under my robe that they would have set fire to themselves only to put it out. (Note: all of our county's high school graduations are held at the same outdoor location. The "ceiling" fans in the pavilion are so high up that it feels like a mouse is puffing at you from the rafters. A very small mouse.) 

This blog has reached new, awkward heights. There is nothing I won't discuss. Okay, there are some things I won't discuss. I even briefly mentioned inner thigh sweat when I posted last year's graduation look


The Look:
Dress: Candie's via Kohl's (old)
Belt: The Limited
Shoes: Converse via DSW
Purse: Marshall's (I realize I look much too tiny in comparison to a purse that's also supposed to be somewhat tiny, but what is a girl to do? Plus, the black looks a little harsh with such a cutesy look, but I love my new purse, so I shall wear it with all the things!) 

Hello, bruise I didn't know was on my back right calf. How pronounced you look against my pasty legs.



When the weather was cold, I also wore the dress this way:





6 comments:

  1. Ohh, I love both your warm and cool weather interpretations of this dress! What are you wearing to graduation? Or will we see it later? Our seniors graduate on Friday and I still haven't figured-out what to wear. I'll actually be on stage wearing a cap and gown so I guess it doesn't matter too much...I just need to make sure that I wear shoes I won't trip in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress, the color is perfection! Have fun at graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, at least you're honest! And at least this dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is so pretty! I love it with the sneakers. Also, the dress you wore to graduation last year is SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, you're a goofball. I like your outfit here - perfectly patriotic without being too "'Murrica." Your sneakers look aDORable with the outfit, too - it keeps the outfit fun and casual :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute dress! I can't decide if I like the warm or cool weather outfit better. The gorgeous color and lace detailing have sucked me in. I also love the bruise comment. Nothing like blog pictures to show us spots behind us that we didn't know we even had.

    The layers in your hair are super pretty. I hadn't noticed them before your side picture. So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.