Thursday, November 21, 2013

And it was all...yellow.


Note to self: the entryway light in our apartment gives off an eerie, yellow glow. As a result, it distorts the entire color scheme of an outfit. I feel like I'm sporting sepia tones, but those pants and that scarf are actually navy, not black. Do not be deceived. Should I have even posted this outfit? I don't know. But, damnit, I loved it so much in real life that I couldn't help but subject you to the terrible picture quality. 

When I was little and my mom picked me up at friends' houses, I always heard her before I saw her. Did she call for me in the typical, "Danielle, get your butt ready to go" sort of way? No. Without fail, someone always said something funny just as she entered the house, and she laughed boisterously and infectiously, serving as a pleasant alarm that it was time to wrap up playtime. 

Now that I'm older, my laugh might rival hers in loudness. Teachers whose classrooms are in the same wing as mine frequently comment on my laugh that carries. One teacher said her favorite part about my move to her neck of the woods is my laugh. The teacher next door? She's taken to saying, "Ohhh, that Ms. Wo, she's laughing again." I made a pact with myself in my first few years of teaching that I would laugh every day. Something that would ordinarily frustrate me? Laugh at it. The mantra stuck, and I haven't stopped laughing (sometimes maniacally). Teenagers are witty, and ridiculous, and vibrant, and how can anyone expect me to bottle up the laughter? 

After all, it's laughter that makes the world go 'round. Laughter and farts. Farts definitely make the world go 'round. I think, one day, methane will be the hottest renewable energy. (After all, it already classifies as one. People will just respect the toot a whole lot more.) Those tuner cars that sound like farts in a can? Soon enough, there will actually be farts in their cans that'll make 'em putt putt down the road. And, if you're not at least chuckling at this point in your reading, then I have no idea why you visit me here. You should know by now that I'm a self-proclaimed weirdo and have no shame. 


The Outfit:
Cardigan: Old Navy (sparkly sleeves? yes, please.)
Blouse: New York & Company
Pants: The Limited (exact stretch straight leg)
Shoes: Nine West (old)
Scarf: Crocheted by my Momma! (You want one, don't you?)




6 comments:

  1. Well you certainly made me laugh...but we know I appreciate your "potty" humor :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not every blog that you'll find an entire paragraph dedicated to the future of fart fuel, haha, love it! Also, I can tell that this is an amazing outfit, weird lighting or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your mantra...I think I need to adopt it. Because I've been getting awfully frustrated with certain students and situations lately...maybe I need to laugh at them instead of getting frustrated. [I don't really have a loud laugh like you, but I'll work on that!]

    Very nice outfit, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha never thought I'd hear that farts are the fuel of the future! I'll have to keep that in mind during my next company environmental meeting! :)
    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the scarf! I'm not a crocheter by any means, but thankfully I have found some that look nearly identical to yours at Old Navy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE YOU AS MUCH AS I LOVE FARTS

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.