Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I saved you.

Yes, brown vest, I'm talking to you: I saved you. 
From the Good Will pile.
Reader, tell me: have you ever collected a pile of clothes for Good Will and allowed them to sit for a bit before you finally donated them? (Read: you are too busy or lazy to take these clothes to Good Will, so the well-meaning stack just sits not because you're really giving the clothes a second chance, but because you lack follow through in the worst of ways. By you, I really mean me.)
Anyway, since we shoved a house full of stuff into an apartment (Dante missed a prime opportunity for another circle in Hell, by the way), I started to break up with many more friends in my closet. This vest was in that stack...until this morning. I knew I wanted to join the jewel tones link-up. Or, I really wanted to look like a classy lumberjack. Whichever. 

This outfit and I started off in a fight this morning. First, I tucked in the flannel shirt, but, for obvious reasons, I disliked my unfortunate lumpy butt syndrome. The product of the 80s that I am, I decided to tie the shirt instead. I then felt like the outfit looked unfinished. No belt? WHO AM I? I knew I wanted to break in these new Old Navy flats (lordy, do they hurt the first time around!), but whatever would I pair with them? I could've worn my brown scarf like this one. However, my darling husband blocked my access to the coat closet with a too-heavy-for-my-spindly-arms-to-move safe, so I needed a "coat" without wearing a coat. Enter the former Good Will candidate. I threw on the vest and the scarf. Voila. My junior girls want to raid my closet, and my adorable colleague scolded me: "You better blog that outfit...but, where will you take your blog pictures at the new apartment?"
THIS is where, friend of mine. Right in front of the building. And Jeff's truck. In a 30 second photo session because the Comcast guy was trapped in the basement. The truck totally complements my mountain chic look, no? Please don't mind my abandoned bag by the tire. If Jeff is willing to take pictures in 30 seconds, I drop everything (quite literally) and pose. 

The Outfit:
Shirt: Old Navy (last year)
Skirt: Olive & Oak via Marshall's (it has pockets, ladies!)
Flats: Old Navy (current)
Vest: No idea
Scarf: Made by Momma dukes




Did I successfully pull off this outfit? Lie to me. 


Linking up with Style Sessions



4 comments:

  1. I definitely think you pull it off! I would wear this outfit, but would belt the vest to create some shape/fitted-ness. I can definitely relate to dropping everything when the guy is willing to take pictures. Mine has been willing to lately, and I'm enjoying it while I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a pile of clothes to bring to Good Will in my car for at least 10 months, and another pile in my room for about 6 months. I'm so pathetic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you totally pulled off the cute lumberjack look. :) I'm too lazy to go to Goodwill too so I put my clothes up for sale. But they don't sell so donated they will be!
    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great - no lie. now i know how to wear that shirt - i have it too!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.