Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Danielle, brush your hair.

Only on special occasions do I make exceptions for speaking in third person about myself. Now is one of those occasions. However, in my defense, when my husband allots five seconds for the taking of pictures, I seize the opportunity, rats' nest and all, especially when the rats' nest resides on only one side of my head. 

This leather jacket? I really love it, and would you like to know its best quality? Of course you do. It was free. Years ago, one of my brother's ex-girlfriends (no one knows which one) left this coat at my parents' house. I guess I never needed a sister to steal clothes from; I scored enough hand me downs from all of my brothers' friends who were about five-seven years older than I was.  

These shoes? They were as good as free. I paid $15 (SUPER sale) for these clouds on my feet, and they're from Easy Spirit. I assure you that store is no longer just for orthopedic-wearing grandmas. (FYI: nothing but love for orthopedic-sporting lasses.)

One of our apartment neighbors caught us taking pictures, but that's okay. He turned out to be a congenial old man with two adorable pups, Rex and Woody (don't worry; I laughed at the name only in my head.) I was about five steps from scooping up little Rex and darting to my apartment with him. After I walked away, I realized that the man introduced his dogs but never introduced himself. 
If he told me his name was Peter Johnson with a dog named Woody, I don't think I could have controlled myself, so maybe that's for the best.

The Outfit:
Skirt: American Eagle (optionoption)
Polka Dot Sweater: Target (option with some cute print options!)
Shoes: Easy Spirit (silver capped option)
Jacket: No name brand (free is free)
Necklace: New York and Company (similar option on Amazon)
Belt: Came with a dress 

Look, there's Squirt acting a fool because OH MY GOSH, THERE'S ANOTHER DOG IN MY LINE OF SIGHT. MUST DESTROY EVERYONE'S EARS WITH BARKS AND BARKS AND BARKS. 



Previously, I wore this skirt these two ways:
Original summer look here

Original fall look here


Linking up with Trend Spin Linkup and Style Sessions



6 comments:

  1. Nice score on the jacket! I think all my neighbors have caught me, I'm sure they think I'm crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about the comfy orthopedic-like shoes! I always love this skirt on you, it's a great color =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA. Peter Johnson and Woody! I'm dying. I'm also like 12. No shame. (Funny story about "Peter." I had a college roommate who refused to say the word "penis." She thought it was the worst word ever...so she said "Peter" instead. I used to like that name, but now, it's ruined...)

    I really love this outfit, ps. I'm jealous that you got an ex-girlfriend's leather jacket! My brother has only dated stick-thin girls...and I'm clearly more voluptuous, haha. No borrowing clothes or jackets from any of his partners! I do have a sister-in-law on Kevin's side with the same sized feet as me, though, and we've definitely shared shoes before :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This skirt is SO CUTE. I love all of the different ways you've styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, those shoes look adorable!! And if they are that comfy, I'm jealous you found some! There's nothing better than a pair of truly comfortable shoes.
    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you styled this and major score on that free coat! You are hilarious with the dogs and neighbor! And sometimes I crop my head out of pictures because my husband only gives me about 5 seconds to get ready when I ask him to take pictures haha!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.