Wednesday, November 6, 2013

You look like a sunflower...or a buttercup.

Yes, that is what a student told me today. 

I guess I needed to wear sunshine today because it was a tough day at work.
No education class can prepare you for the days tragedy hits your school. 
One of our freshmen passed away yesterday, and we are not the same.
When I started teaching, I didn't know that these adults I call my colleagues and these teenagers I call my students would become people I call family.  
I don't have the right words for the occasion, so allow my outfit to distract you from the more serious matter at hand.  


The Outfit:
Skirt: Banana Republic (last year)
Sweater: Target
Boots: Steve Madden
Scarf: Made by Momma 






I explored yet another color scheme. I think I pulled it off. Yeah?
Jeff actually helped pick it out. I gave him a choice between a white sweater and this one. He chose this one. Good choice, Jefferino. 

Last time, I wore the skirt like this

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy.


5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about this, there's nothing worse than losses like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no I am so sorry to hear that. It's a good thing that you've got the support from each other in coping with the tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about the student at your school. We lost a 9th grader last year as well - so heartbreaking. It really does affect all aspects of school and touches everyone in such powerful ways. I'm really happy to hear that you have support from your coworkers and students in coping with this loss. As educators, we often worry so much about our students in tragedies like this, but is important that you have the time to cope with the loss as well. Take care of yourself, sweet Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about one of your students :( I bet it was hard on you teachers to both be sensitive to your students while also providing a much needed distraction at the same time. I love that you chose bright colors to try and brighten the mood a bit. Great fall color combo!

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.