Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Best Outfit of the Year? You Decide.

Okay, I said the outfit is the best of the year, but I didn't promise you the photo quality would compare. (All day, the rain fell dreadfully and the sun hid, so what you see is what you get.)
I walked into a colleague's classroom this morning and she exclaimed, "that is my favorite outfit of the entire year. Ever." Parents who were milling about during parent-teacher conferences stopped me to compliment my skirt. Is it crazy that I was hesitant about my outfit this morning? I thought, "is there too much color? Does this 'go'? Can I pull it off?" I answered no, yes, yes and embraced the look. Maybe I shouldn't have experimented on parent-teacher conference night, but the parents might as well experience my colorful, pattered personality in its entirety. 

Two seniors (neither of whom I teach) squealed and high fived when I told them how fashionable they are every day. They twittered, "Mrs. Wo says we're fashionable! We're awesome!" 
And now I feel awesome. Today was make-Mrs.Wo-feel-awesome day.

My only gripe about this outfit is that the crotch of my sweater tights hung like they were waiting to be filled with extra body parts I don't possess. As a result, I kept hiking them up...to no avail. 
Wow, your life would be better without that information.
You're welcome. 


The Outfit:
Sweater: Elle via Kohl's (it has little nubbins on it that you can soooort of see in the last two pictures.)
Blazer: Express (oooold)
Scarf: Made by Momma, DUH.
Booties: Old Navy (surprisingly comfortable! I plan to get the red suede ones on Thursday.)
Skirt: Got it for $14 at Francesca's! I saw it online months ago but refused to pay full price. I found one in the store this weekend and knew it was fate. 





7 comments:

  1. How odd...I guess I can stop searching for a skirt like that for you. Do you remember when I told you I was trying to find you a Navaho print skirt ~ well it seems you beat me to it :) Love, love, loooove this outfit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This skirt is so fun! And everything else in your outfit keeps it toned down for work, good choice, obviously! I had a few pairs of tights that were ALWAYS falling down and I kept trying to make them work. Throw them away and get some new ones, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this skirt. And I love how you paired it with black and grey! So cute. And toss those tights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is indeed a very cute outfit on you! I don't think it's too colorful at all. The scarf is the perfect finishing touch. Great outfit Danielle!
    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt is super pretty! Love the matching infinity scarf! I can't stop wearing infinity scarves this season!
    Visiting from Trend Spin :)
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt is awesome. It is just the right amount of color to spruce up a fall outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, this is a great outfit! I love the skirt, and I'm dying over the use of the word "nubbins." I cannot help but giggle whenever I see/hear/say "nubbins." I'm giggling to myself right now just typing it....

    Nubbins. [hehehe]

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.