Thursday, November 22, 2012

Mustard Gingham Style

I think I need to dye my hair, not because I can't rock ombre hair, but because I found my first silver hair. Well, an army of them. Let me tell you what: those magnification mirrors are the work of the devil. I use them to pluck my eyebrows, and that's when I found a silver hair. Since it looked all shimmery (versus a dull gray), I figured I could pretend to be half unicorn. That way, I won't cry. If I do cry, it will be magical. 

Since Jeff has four white "spots" on his head, he told me to let it happen because it's "cool!" He said, later on, I'd be the "hot mom with silver streaks." I'm not feeling it, guys. Thanks for being supportive, honey. 

Anyway, please enjoy today's Thanksgiving outfit. I didn't actually gorge myself this Thanksgiving. Our house was so hot from the oven going all day that I didn't even want to eat. I just wanted to pound five bottles of water. 

Also, I would like for you to know that I think the "no white after Labor Day" rule is stupid and has always been stupid...in my humble opinion. Consider this: every season, we pull the colors that we wear from our natural surroundings. This fall, we see leaves changing and beautiful colors like mustard, dark green, and maroon (three of the season's hot colors). If this statement is true, and I believe it is, then why can't you wear white in a season THAT BRINGS SNOW? Snow is white. (Snow White, duh.) Unless it's on the ground and a dog or a drunk frat boy peed on it. Therefore, we can wear white in the winter, too. If we can wear white in summer and winter, then we can wear it whenever the crap we want.

If you would like to read about the history of this fashion "rule," see this article from Time magazine. You're welcome. 






Button down (or is it up?): Old Navy (this summer)
Cardigan: Target (current) - $15
Pants: Forever 21 (current) - $19.80
Red wedges: DSW (current) - $35
Red belt: was my mom's back in the day :)
Necklace (which you can see in the pictures below): Stella & Dot

Now, please enjoy my husband's and my iPhone self portrait session. His faces are hysterical.





Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.