Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Teacher Wardrobe Staples: Part 3 [The Outfits]

So, Mom brought over her real camera and her real skills to take this part of the series' photographs. HOLY AWESOMENESS. 
Happy Birthday to me.
I know I said I couldn't write this post today, but the birthday fairies granted me two hours of extra time to work it in :) 

In case you're new, I've started a Teacher Wardrobe Series.
Part 1: The Stores
Part 2: The Basics 
Today is Part 3: The Outfits. 
(Tomorrow is Part 4: The Inspiration, which features readers. You could be a part of it! See more information about it at the end of this post.)

First, I did not pull all of the items from Part 2 to create these looks.
(I'll also need to write a post that includes some considerations after having created outfits with the items. I'm realizing the holes I have in my closet!) 
I'm sorry, but that is a lot of picture taking, and what will I show you for the next month!?

Now, here are the staples I pulled together for this post:
Gingham shirt, blue oxford, striped shirt, yellow (and feminine) blouse,
cobalt blue blazer, khaki blazer, and black blazer

White cardigan, gray cardigan, khaki skirt, black skirt, 
black pants, khaki/brown pants, cobalt skirt, polka dot skirt

black dress, striped dress, cap toe flats, nude kitten heels, black heels, cobalt blue wedges

IMPORTANT NOTE #1: I did NOT create all of the outfits that I could have created because I started to get sweaty and tired. I think what I've provided here is plenty of inspiration, especially since I have some other lovely ladies' outfits to show you tomorrow! 

IMPORTANT NOTE #2: Except for belts, I did not accessorize. If you want to see the series to continue with a post on accessorizing, feel free to let me know. I like you, so I can make it happen.


So, here goes:


The striped dress is great with a blazer, a cardigan, heels, flats, belted, or not belted.
A look I did not include but would be cute is the blue oxford tied over top and knotted in the front.
 (Or a black blazer instead of a white cardigan)
I'm seeing so many more possibilities now that I'm reviewing the pictures.


A black dress works well with a button up, a blazer, or a cardigan. 
OR ANYTHING.



Mom did NOT take the last three pictures. They were in the archive. 
I wanted to include them because one look shows a printed skirt, another shows a printed dress, and the last shows a more casual Friday kind of look.
Your colored blazer does not have to be cobalt blue, but I bet you want one now! 



Who would've thought a little yellow blouse could cover so much sartorial ground?
I prefer it tucked in, but it looks great loose. 
I love the two skirt looks. 


LOOK! My husband came home during the photo shoot and matched one of my outfits. I made him pose with me. As you can see, he's excited. 
Obviously, I could include a bajillion outfits with the striped shirt, but I've already written a post on striped shirt inspiration. (Excuse some of the dead pictures. I need to figure out how to fix those! I didn't know some of them died until just now.)


In all of these looks, both shirts are interchangeable, which is why I included them on a collage together.
I think the khaki skirt look is my favorite. I'm excited to wear it to work! 

After writing this post, I am so game for a 30x30 challenge. Right here, I have 14 looks, and I could easily double them. And I only have 21 items here instead of 30. I might have inspired myself. 
What a cheeseball. And a narcissist. 

If you would like to see me write more posts like this one, I'd love to have your feedback. 


Don't forget to e-mail me a picture of you wearing your favorite teacher outfit. 
(You do NOT have to be a teacher; it can be a teacher-inspired ensemble.)
(You do NOT have to be a blogger either!)

If you ARE a blogger and the picture comes from a post on your blog, provide me with the link to the original content, please! If you're not a blogger, tell me how you'd prefer I credit you :) 

E-mail me at
teamwebchick@gmail.com


5 comments:

  1. Love this series! I'm totally on board with the staples you picked! :) Thanks for representing all well-dressed teachers out there!
    W

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these look great! You are so ready for back-to-school! Aaaaaaaand now I need a cobalt blazer =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute! Love all those looks and although I am not a teacher, I do work for a university and this inspires me! I will send a pic for you with my inspired look! Oh and you for sure have convinced me that I need a cobalt blue blazer...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these looks! and so nice of your mom to play photographer for you :) AND HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle. Seriously, I couldn't love this series any more. You have showed that it is possible to dress incredibly sharply and professional, but still fun and with personality! Yay!

    brynnash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.