Thursday, April 23, 2015

Edgy and Classy?

Who needs an iron when you have a hair straightener? The hair straightener did the trick to smooth out wrinkles at the bottom of this top today, and I did not need to lug the ironing board out of the laundry room. Hooray.

Custodians came in after school to replace a bulb that blew above our desks. I remarked that it smells AWFUL when those things burn out. The cologne of the one custodian lingered in the room after he left, and I swore he smelled like my brother who's worn the same cologne for over 20 years. Naturally, I followed him into the next room and asked him if he wore Eternity. He said no, but it does smell like Eternity. As my intern and I walked out of the building, I complained that the trashcan reeked of fish. I'm both impressed by and disappointed in my nose these days.

This outfit, of course, impresses me.  Most impressive of all? I managed to pick it out this morning instead of last night.

The Look:
Jacket: via thredUP
Pants: Motherhood Maternity
Top: LOFT
Flats: Sole Society
Necklace: J.Crew Factory
Headband: Target




3 comments:

  1. At first I thought you were wearing pantyhose on your head-- like a bank robber or something. Glad I scrolled down to find out it was just a headband. Fluorescent lights are the worst. The smell just adds to the reason to hate them. (I read a study last year that being in fluorescent lighting for long periods of time on end contributes to depression.) Anyway, I love the look of this outfit and love that all your outfits lately seem to be ones you'll be able to wear again after ZaZa comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pregnancy super smell is ridiculous. My office was right next to this little kitchenette thing and I wanted to murder people who brought in certain things for lunch. I just don't think it's every appropriate to microwave anything fishy in a public space! The flatiron trick is pretty smart. I mean, I don't have a flatiron, but if I did, I would totally try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edgy and classy indeed! I've never seen a layered look with a moto jacket on top. I love this! Is it just the pregnancy or did your sinus surgery also affect your superhuman sense of smell? I'm sure that gets annoying real fast.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.