Friday, April 3, 2015

Top 10 Remix Challenge: The Items

If I broke the law, I'd want Sarah to be my lawyer just based on her witty sense of humor alone. It comes as no surprise that she has a style challenge (Top 10 Remix Challenge) going that I wanted to join. It took me an embarrassingly long time to choose my 10 items for this challenge, which you can read more about by clicking the link. Essentially, you pick items from your closet that are quintessentially you and work one of those 10 items into an outfit for every day of April. Like Andi, I am not entirely sure how this challenge will work with pregnancy, but I am willing to try. I decided to choose things that should work regardless of what crazy things might happen to my body.

My Picks:


1. Floral blouse (exact--on sale for $25): I immediately wanted this top when I saw it in Kohl's. It has cornflower blue, blush, and white--all colors I can't get enough of these days. It feels so crisp and feminine.
2. Striped tee: I decided to buy this maternity tee because my other tees are too short, and I miss my striped shirts. Stripes are always my thing.
3. Striped dress (exact--on sale for $15): If this thing doesn't fit me for the duration of April, then color me shocked. It is so comfortable, and I'm already thinking of wearing it with #6 and #8.
4. Skinny jeans (similar): Why would skinny jeans scream me? Well, I'm a jeans kind of gal, so I think they belong on this list of things that is supposed to feel very "me."
5. Necklace: It's a pendant necklace and filled with lots of bright colors. It instantly drew me in at Old Navy and begged to be bought.
6. Jean vest: I wore the crap out of this thing last summer when I bought it, and it'll fit even when my belly grows. I'm a child of the 80s and 90s; it's definitely me.
7. Scarf: It has elephants on it, and someone bought it for me in THREE colors just because of the elephants. If someone else thought of me when they saw it, then it's me.
8. Sandals (exact--$49.95): Everything Franco Sarto. I love it. This is my third pair of sandals by him. I bought them in white, too. I am also eyeing a pair of pewter ones when my DSW rewards process. He is by far my favorite sandal maker.
9. Orange flats: They are a fun color and they're comfortable. Nothing is more me than that.
10. Kimono: It's blush and gray and I bought it without hesitation or regrets.

Essentially, I picked items I bought without hesitation or regret (or a gift that I would have bought for myself). If I love it so much that I don't hem and haw over buying it, then I know it's a very "me" item. That happened with every single one of these items. You are the chosen 10. Feel lucky. On a random note: my new headboard makes an awesome background for taking pictures of my clothes (by themselves, of course. I don't stand on my bed for pictures.)!

6 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm glad you are joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing about your new headboard! Great pieces, good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing about your new headboard! Great pieces, good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your method for picking the ten items. I've been confused by what items really are "me" but the ones that you bought with no hesitation sounds right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fun challenge! If I weren't in the middle of Create28, I would totally try it. Maybe another month...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some great items! That new Kohl's top is gorgeous and totally something I could see you in. Along with the stripes. and the perfect sandals.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.