Friday, April 24, 2015

Do not be deceived.

I wore this outfit on a much more spring-like day. Today, despite the sunshine, requires a sweatshirt and a jacket. The poor thermostats must all be suffering right now. I understand now why mercurial means what it means.

I have little with which to amuse you today; however, several things amused me today.

1. A student tried to fix the printer on our mobile computer lab cart. When the "fix" he tried based on a Google search did not work (twice), he grumbled, "This really grinds my gears." Ah, man, I am still chuckling.

2. One of my students wrote a vocabulary story about how she prohibited farting in her car once she got her license yesterday. Her younger brother said he was "going to blow," so she made him stick his butt out the window. I made them write these stories as comic strips, so the accompanying pictures made the tears that streamed down my face from laughter all the more inevitable.

3. When my sixth period was completely silent, my intern decided to pop a mini rice cake into his mouth. What he did not realize was that another rice cake had accidentally adhered itself to it, so he literally bit off more than he could chew...quietly. The look on his face as he realized that the crunching would be deafening in such a quiet room sent me into a fit of laughter, which I had to contain as quietly as possible, a nearly impossible feat for someone with a laugh as boisterous as mine.
Dress: Express (found it in clearance section for $20)
Vest: Lauren Conrad via Kohl's
Necklace: Old Navy
Sandals: Franco Sarto via TJ Maxx (honestly, Franco Sarto makes THE best sandals.)


4 comments:

  1. You look adorable. The outfit is great, dress and sandals, especially. And you have some funny students. Did your humor rub off to them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indigo is a lovely color on you. Your dress pairs so beautifully with those turquoise sandals. You look fabulous!

    Sabrina
    www.babymoonadvice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I asked you about the thing in the background of your photos? What is that? A chicken coop? Not knowing does not amuse me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I just saw that dress in Express last week! It looks amazing on you! That shade just brings out your eyes (if we could see them anyway). I'm pretty sure I need a denim vest once I tried on the light wash one from Old Navy. That particular vest was too short but yours looks about the right length. Aaaaaand those sandals are the perfect finishing touch. I was always the girl in school to snack during class--even during the most quiet times. Even now, my boyfriend gets annoyed with me when I get my salty fix from Corn Nuts and it sounds like I'm breaking my teeth.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.