Monday, October 21, 2013

Teacher Wardrobe Series: Striped Peplum & Blazers

This post includes two of my very favorite things: stripes and blazers. 

Now, my fellow teachers and lady professionals, if your blazer collection is not as obscene as mine is, cardigans will substitute quite nicely. 

I hope that, no matter your dress code, these looks work for your work. Oh, look at that play on words. How very clever. 

LOOK 1
Shirt (in all four looks): Elle via Kohl's
Blazer: ModCloth (yes, that blazer is gold. No, you may not judge me.)
Belt: The Limited
Necklace: I can't remember. Forgive me.


LOOK 2
Blazer: Vince Camuto via Nordstrom 
Necklace: NY & Co.
Belt: Came with a dress
Pants: Celebrity Pink via Boscov's
(Do I look like a bumble bee? Do I care?)

LOOK 3
Blazer: Lauren Conrad via Kohl's
Necklace: Forever 21
Pants: Celebrity Pink 
(I think I'd like to try the look with khakis/winter white pants.)

LOOK 4
Blazer, Necklace, and Pants: NY & Co.
(These are the pants I turned into skinny pants.)
I think this look is my favorite. Something about gray and pink just soothes the soul. 


 In case you like the color schemes and want to see them all together, I made a collage for you. 
Oh, yes, you are quite welcome.

Which look is your favorite?

If you want to see a different striped peplum I styled two ways, go here.
If you want to see the gold blazer styled four ways, go here


5 comments:

  1. I know I know that everyone says that peplums flatter everyone but I have been too skeptical to even try one on. Yours looks great, I love the stripes of course. That LC blazer in the 3rd look is my favorite; it's a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love these too :) I'd love to get some more colored blazers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I have that pink necklace from Forever21 as well! And second, I LOVE the gold and pink blazers! You are the blazer queen~ I wish I could rock them as well as you do! I have trouble finding ones that fit me nicely. Love these looks! I think the 4th look is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Danielle! I really like the versatility and professionalism of a blazer. I also have been struggling trying to figure out how to "winterize" my short-sleeved peplum top. I had thought a blazer might look weird over the peplum, but I see here that it actually looks really nice! Thanks for helping me see the light ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.