Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tweed-y Bird

Nothing about this outfit screams "BIRD!" However, when I thought of the title, I giggled, so I kept it. 

Some lady at the mall actually yelled to me in the mall because she wanted to know where I bought my tights. I'm not entirely sure, but I went with Target. That answer seemed right and safe. You can never be too safe around people who hunt you down in the mall. 

The lady at Naturalizer spent several minutes oohing and ahhing over my black booties. She was quite surprised to learn that I bought them at Boscov's. 

When I told the ladies at Banana Republic my husband's pant size, they told me that I need to feed him more. Who says stuff like that? 

The lady at Francesca's thought my necklace was from there. Nope, NY & Co. Woot woot.

I realized that I hate shopping at the mall. I like outlet malls because they allow me to breathe fresh air in between my visit to each store, but I hate "regular" malls. I feel so claustrophobic when I reach the center. It's like I'm standing in the belly of the beast. 
What is wrong with me





Outfit Deets:
Blazer: Express
Shirt: Marshall's
Skirt: The Limited (last year's find)
Tights: Let's go with Target
Booties: Boscov's

I wish the lighting wasn't so craptastic. My apologies, folks. 

12 comments:

  1. the colored tights with this look are so perfect! adds just the right amount of fun & freshness to this look!!

    xo. c & v
    cake & valley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you :) I worried for a better portion of the day that I looked like a raspberry version of the blueberry girl from Willy Wonka!

      Delete
  2. This is adorable, and I can't believe the BR people said that! I also buy jewelry from New York and Company. You're a girl of my own heart.

    http://stylishsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, we English teachers have to stick together, right? :) Yeah, I'm beginning to notice that people don't have filters on their mouths when they should! I LOVE the jewelry at NY & Co. They always have such great deals, and they do a discount for teachers. Woo hoo!

      Delete
  3. Love this whole outfit! I totally understand why you got so many compliments!! I totally feel you on the mall - it stresses me out!

    -Tiffany
    http://stylesidebar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not just me who feels unnerved by the mall!

      Delete
  4. That necklace is so perfect with the skirt, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's one of my go-to necklaces I've realized recently!

      Delete
  5. I am looking this look! I bought a pair of tights in this color but I'm not sure I can pull them off. They seem too much for my bank job. Maybe I will get brave and try them again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, if you keep the rest of the outfit understated, why not have a fun pair of legs? It's a pleasant little surprise for coworkers and customers :)

      Delete
  6. This is a great skirt - I just love Limited - one of my favorite stores!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.