Monday, January 7, 2013

Orange Blazer & Navy Stripes

FYI: This post was inspired by Marionberry Style's stripes challenge, but I had to wear this outfit on Monday, not Wednesday, because I just couldn't control myself!

Allow me to show you my weekend (after I recovered from a wicked sinus infection) in pictures.

My parents, Jeff, and I went to see the lights since it was the last weekend.
You drive around, listen to a specific radio station, and watch the lights dance to the tunes.
Is it normal to feel motion sickness because the lights are flashing too quickly for your brain to process them? Yeah, I didn't think it was normal either.

At the same place, there's an arcade when you park at the end of the light show.
Mom and Jeff battled in Dance Dance Revolution. I have no pictures of that wondrous sight. Only videos. However, Dad and Jeff faced off in Nascar. It went something like this:
Jeff earned first place. 

Dad earned 24th/25th.
He then proclaimed, "I am going to throw up. This stuff messes with your head. Jeff, how do you do this stuff?" Jeff probably said something about Dad being a pansy. I probably laughed.
Yes, that blur is Dad's middle finger. Yes, it's on purpose.


We then went to this delicious Italian restaurant that even served gluten-free pizza for me!
My pretty Momma.
She made my WARM gray scarf :)
I keep telling her that she needs an Etsy shop.

Apparently, he's pretending to shoot something. 

This is Dad's smile. 


Now that you've enjoyed my weekend, too, I'll introduce you to today's outfit. 
One student told me that I looked like a hippy.
To that, my husband said, "A very dressy hippy. A 'dippy'."


Here's why today was awesome:
1. I had enough time to blow dry my hair this morning. 
2. I watched three people get popped by radar. I was not one of them. 
3. I switched it up and wore jeans on a Monday. I was sick on Friday, so I couldn't wear my jeans to work. I wanted a do over, so I let myself have one. 
4. I wore stripes.
5. I wore a blazer.
6. I wore a bright color (my favorite kind of color).
7. My legs were excited for extra space in pants that weren't "skinny."
8. Some long awaited packages finally arrived on my porch today :)

For the record, my blazer is a deep orange, NOT red.



When my husband makes me laugh, I lose my eyes.


Outfit Deets:

Blazer: J.Lo via Kohl's (exact for $24--use that Kohl's cash!)
Top: Express (here's one for $29.99)
Pants: J Brand via TJ Maxx (This pair from Uniqlo is $19.90)
Shoes (brown wedges): Aerosole's via Marshall's (these are kind of cute)
Necklace: Stella & Dot
Watch: Timex via Kohl's 

I do hope your weekend was enjoyable :) 

Linking up with Mode Monday and YOLO Mondays.

16 comments:

  1. Your family is so cute, I love these photos! And the fit of that blazer is to dye for, glad you had a Friday do-over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) This blazer is quickly becoming my favorite. The poor gray one of the same style is surely feeling neglected.

      Delete
  2. Those pants are amazing! A pair like that is at the top of my list of items to buy - I think it totally makes this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I found these pants, I finally understood why so many women are willing to pay good money for a pair of well-fitting jeans. Luckily for me, these bad boys were on super sale at TJ Maxx.

      Delete
  3. I love blazers so I am really loving your orange one! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post. xo

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog via Marion's link-up. I love your top and how the stripe detailing is different at the neckline! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I almost threw away this top (can you believe it!?) because I got a little bit of white paint on it. The clothing fates were smiling down on me because in one more wash the paint came right out. Woo hoo!

      Delete
  5. Wow great blazer...fits you very well. Do you happen to be petite? I don't know if the angle of the picture makes you look petite...but if so wow I can't believe you found that blazer and it looks perfect to the fit. I still have to buy my blazers in the Jrs. section because grown up ones are too big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing in petites ever fits me because of my long arms! However, other parts of my top half are quite petite. Ahem. So, it takes a lot to find blazers that fit just right. I was shocked to find that this one fit so well, so I bought it in gray, too :) I've figured out which brands fit me best and stick to their stuff! (And, me too. I have to buy a lot of blazers in the juniors' department, too.)

      Delete
  6. Love this style Danielle!! The neckline on the striped top is gorgeous on you!
    And LOL at losing your eyes when the hubby makes you laugh. I have the same issue :)
    THanks for linking up!!
    xo - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too cute! I love the orange blazer and striped top combo.

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wore these exact colors this week too! I love orange and navy together- Looks great :)
    Jonna
    Everything but Ordinary

    ReplyDelete
  9. That top was made for you! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fun weekend! Glad you're feeling better!

    http://www.mythriftychic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE YOUR OUTFIT. how cute are you? love your blog. and your header! i found you on the it list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you :) Glad to have you joining me here! This is the tutorial I used to create my header: http://www.memoriesoncloverlane.com/2009/08/tutorial-on-how-to-make-blog-banner.html

      (Just in case you were in need of directions because I certainly was!)

      Delete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.