Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Teacher Style: Yellow Cardigan

I hope Kate is reading today because I know how much she loves this cardigan. I realized that she is not alone. Clearly, I keep reaching for this cardigan more than any other cardigan I own. It finds itself a part of so many outfits. I love its softness and length. Luckily for me, I own the same cardigan in a blue shade as well :)

Now, these looks all feature the yellow cardigan, but you can try similar looks with any colored cardigan. Use that imagination of yours. If you're a teacher, you clearly have one. Don't deny it.

Wow, right? Who would've thought?
Cardigan: Express (so very old like I-bought-it-in-high-school old)
Options: Nordstrom and August Silk (Macy's)

***********************





(Oh, look, there's the floral shirt again.)

(I miss this chambray. I sort of wish I could have kept it, but it got way too short.)




Clearly, the yellow cardigan is versatile. It worked with colored bottoms, patterned tops, pendant necklaces, and statement necklaces. Good job, cardigan, you'll never find yourself in the donation pile. May you live forever. 

No, I see no dress looks here either. I don't know what's up with that. Hopefully, you'll see it make a reappearance for dress week next week :)



6 comments:

  1. Seriously, I was just texting my sister yesterday and she said something about a particular colored cardigan and I told her she could borrow one of my thousands of cardigans "because #teacherlyfe" obviously. Only I'm just realizing I don't have a pretty sunny yellow cardigan! I LOVE the look with the chambray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, these are all great. I should just copy my comments from every day to the next. Anyway... I have a bright yellow cardigan and a mustard yellow cardigan, and I really love both of them. The bright one is dying, so I should probably donate it soon. It's very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a post about unshrinking clothes. I think it was at One Good Thing by Jillee. I wonder if it would work on a chambray shirt? Not that it helps since you've gotten rid of it already, but if that trick does work, maybe it can save another one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I'm reading this! I can't decide which is my favorite, but you know what? I'm not going to pick a favorite. Because every one is a winner in its own right. You can bet your bottom dollar I'll be copying a look or two this year. I think I'm pretty much set on outfits for the year if I just follow your creations. ... but I can't, because then I'm not utilizing my imagination and that would be awful. But seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow and fuchsia, um yes please! The light yellow looks so lovely against the deep pinkish-purple shade. And those pants are just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I would have guessed that a yellow cardigan like this would be so versatile and cute...and once again, you've shown me that it is perfect! I love how it looks with blues and pinks :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.