Friday, August 29, 2014

I still get dressed.

Well, week one of my 9th year of teaching is in the books. Also, I started an intense two-year-long Master's Degree program in Educational Technology. Also, we might be settling on our house even sooner. By the time September comes to a close, I might not know my own name. OH, that's right, three years after getting married, I'm also changing my name, finally getting rid of the first name I never go by and turning my current middle name into my new first name, which will make my current last name my new middle name. WHO AM I!? WHAT IS LIFE!? 

The saddest truth is that I'm typing this post on my phone because I'm too pooped to reach for my laptop, which might be the new theme of my intermittent posts with which I'll attempt to grace your presence. Or, I might just sit in the beautiful, new Whole Foods in town because pretty, tasty food makes me feel all the warm fuzzies. All of these tasks on the to-do list require large quantities of warm fuzzies in case you didn't know. 

So, I thought I'd show you that I have still been getting dressed these days. The showing up to school naked nightmare never came to fruition. Phew. 

Shoes: Sole Society / Pants: White House Black Market / Shirt: LOFT outlet / Vest: Forever 21 / Belt: The Limited 

Shirt: The Limited / Skirt: LOFT outlet / Shoes: J. Crew Factory / earrings: Francesca's 

8 comments:

  1. Where have you been?! I've been so aware of your absence that I even went to your instagram account (when I don't have one myself) to check to see why you haven't been posting. I guess being busy and changing your name are acceptable excuses. This time. Next time you'll have to have a better excuse. Like you're putting the florals back on your shower. I meant to type "shirt" but I typed "shower" instead. I think it works that way. See you soon *cough emphasis on the soon * cough.

    That's just my passive aggressive way of saying I miss you. (I miss you)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This just might be my favorite comment ever!

      Delete
    2. I second what Andi said! I just love all you ladies - you never cease to make me laugh!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, that's busy, I think I may have found someone who is actually as busy as me right now and can understand my pain! I bet the whole name change thing is going to be a complicated process, what with changing pretty much all parts of your name around, but you'll feel better about it in the end! It's a good thing you've been getting dressed, obviously, but you've been doing it well too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good, I'm glad you still get dressed! I have greatly noticed your absense in Blogland. Glad to see you back :) You have one of the best closets so I love seeing what outfits you put together. It sounds like you've got a ton of your plate right now! I wish you the best of luck with the house and the degree, that is intense!

    Sidenote: Are you still on the yeast-free diet? How is it going and have all your symptoms gone away?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness gracious! You HAVE been busy! Hang-in there, lady! Let me know if you need a relaxing shopping day with a blogging buddy anytime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always feel like I am really busy, and then I hear about other people and I have no idea how you do it! I probably wouldn't look as put together as you do if I had so much going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss your pretty face, killer outfits, and witticisms (borrowed that word from above the comment box ^^) a ton, but I 100% understand the whole being busy thing - kind of reminds me of my last year of grad school. I really hope that your blog doesn't go away forever, because I'd cry a little bit, but I also really hope that you take care of yourself right now. Do what you need to do to get by with all the balls you're juggling right now, and I'll be patiently waiting :)

    (Not sorry about the balls comment. I just had to include a balls reference. HAD TO.)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.