Monday, December 2, 2013

Pinterest, I Own You.

A few people keep asking me to write a post about my hair, but I'm going to throw some truth at you: I have no idea what I'm doing. I have a weird system that works for me, but I'm not entirely sure I can explain it to others; however, I can give it the ol' college try. If I do explain it to those of you who visit this corner of the internet, how do I go about it? Do I film in Photobooth? Do I edit on iMovie? Do I post it on YouTube? Do I set up my tripod while my bathroom mirror and I are hanging out? I can assure you that I do not dare ask my husband to grumble and videotape while I get gussied up.  Also, if I explain my mane, what do you want to know? Do you want to know how I go four days without washing it but still remain presentable? Do you want to know how I curl it? Do you want to know which products I use? 
I'm so confused, dear readers.

If you visit me often, you might already catch the drift that I'm a weirdo of the most endearing sort, but video will provide you more proof than you might be able to handle. 

Why am I even talking about my hair today? Well, take a look at my locks in these photos. Best hair day ever? Quite possibly. I finally figured out my new curling iron. 


The Outfit:
Dress: Gift from Mom (she bought it at Kohl's)
Scarf: Boscov's, I think. 
Belt: The Limited
Sweater: Old Navy
Boots: b.o.c. via DSW

One of my male friends inquired about whether or not belting my scarf was deliberate. Yes, friend, it was deliberate. After all, I need to keep my crumb catcher in place. Plus, I need to prove to Pinterest that I can do things like this. I also wore a sweater over a dress, which was inspired by her. Awesome hair, leopard print, lace dress, red/black/white combination, AND sweater over a dress?
Ladies and gents, I HAVE ARRIVED. 

(I call this my "I almost fell into the stain on the pavement while trying to pose" look. Don't let my smirk fool you into believing I'm coordinated.)

Previously, I wore the dress like this:


6 comments:

  1. What I would like to know about your hair is how you get it to look great after four days. Do you re-curl it each day? Do you use dry shampoo? How do you keep it from looking like the snarled mess my hair is after just two days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks amazing, forreals. But I know it wouldn't really apply to my curly messy mane so I have no direct questions. I've been seeing the belted scarf look a lot lately, but haven't tried it yet. Maybe I will, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic! Love this look and your hair..I wish I had those skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to know how you go four days without washing it and not having it look oily like crazy. And how do you get the volume!? I'm not sure how you would go about making the tutorial-- I'd probably use my point and shoot to record it and then upload it directly to the blog or to YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, your hair does look amazing here. Jealousss. I also really like your boots - b.o.c. is my FAVE.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.