Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pajamas in Disguise

I wore this outfit two weekends ago to visit Mom and Dad. Boy, is this dress comfortable. It's made out of sweatshirt material. Unless you try to wear it in the dead of summer, how could you go wrong?  I think we can all agree that any item of clothing that feels like pajamas without being pajamas is the best item of clothing. 

Today, I am still recovering from sinus surgery. Since Jeff had to go back to work, HGTV is keeping me company. Mom is coming over soon, too. Hopefully, she can braid my hair for me because mustering up the energy to "do" my hair just to sit on the couch seems like a large waste of time (though I have plenty of it right now). 

For now, I am going to sit here in my robe and see how deeply I can imprint my butt into the couch. 


The Look:
Dress: Old Navy (last year)
Booties: Old Navy
Scarf: Christopher A. Banks
Necklace: Francesca's (I really do love their jewelry.)




Today, I'm linking up with some lovely ladies:
The Modern Austen & Literate and Stylish's Pantone Challenge
(Today's color is Paloma, which is a cool gray.)
and


13 comments:

  1. A sweatshirt dress sounds like an amazing invention! I also agree about Francesca's jewelry. If I'm ever looking for something in a specific color, I know I can always go there and find what I'm looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love those outfits where you feel like you're wearing pajamas but look put-together enough for work! Hope you have a quick recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks super comfy! I am a big fan of dresses that are basically pajamas. No one needs to know that I'm so comfortable in my fancy-looking dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love that you can be super comfortable and look fabulous simultaneously. I hope you get well soon! Thanks again for joining us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moms are the best aren't they? Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HGTV is the best! I don't actually have cable, but can access some of the shows online. Property Brothers + wine = perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're recovering well! My friend had the same surgery a while back, and she said once you fully recover, you will be able to breath like you didn't even know you could. This dress and outfit looks soooooo comfy. This would be a cute flying outfit for your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the second person today to show off your sweatshirt dress. I need to shop with you people because I still haven't managed to get even one and clearly a sweatshirt dress is a soon to be staple. I hope your couch and your mom are able to aid your recovery and until then, don't substitute anything for your pajamas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look adorable. Not only is that dress super comfy but so cute too. Looks so cozy with the scarf and the booties were a great idea.

    I hope and pray for a quick recovery for you. We need all of that Danielle wit and sass around our blogs. Stay well and have some wine for me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had surgery on my sinuses several years ago and it was the absolute worst! I'm really feeling for you! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think i can get on board with a sweatshirt dress! you look great -- and i'm glad you're on your way toward recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A sweatshirt dress sounds just heavenly. Can I trade you for the ugly black work polo I'm currently wearing. I bet it will look amazing on you. And black looks good on everyone. And it's nice and roomy for the comfort factor. Have I convinced you yet?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I...love that dress. I tried it on last year but the waist hit me in a really awkward place, and it looked really stupid on me :/ It was SO cozy, though! I really like how you wore your scarf with it, too. I had never had any jewelry from Francesca's until my brother's girlfriend gave me a necklace from there for Christmas - AND I LOVE IT. Now I want to go back and buy everything.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.