Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Looking Lucky in Pastels

I love this skirt so much more than I should for a skirt that cost so little (less than $20 coming from somewhere far beyond the big pond) and was "one size fits all." It appears my parents' puppy, Rudy, loves this skirt as much as I do. As soon as I walked outside wearing it, he skittered around my legs and just sat. Ready for his close up. If I could just buy a home with lots of land and manage a dog kennel, I think life would be complete. If I didn't work with teenagers, I'd work with pups. Sometimes, they're pretty much the same thing. (Or smell the same.)

So, I fly out to Dallas on Monday morning. I cannot settle on what to wear. So far, I know we're going to dinner at a really nice restaurant, I have to be on a plane, and I don't know what else. What is Dallas like this time of year? Someone pack my bags for me. I'm at a loss.

Oh, and today is my last day participating in the April Challenge. I wanted to have another look featuring pastels so that I didn't shirk my "give each theme a new post" responsibilities. Plus, I presented myself another opportunity to wear this skirt, and that's always a good thing. I just realized that this look includes so many accidental trends: floral, brights, midi skirt, and pastels. Aren't those just spring things? I think so. Can pasty legs be a new trend? That'd be great.


The Look:
Shirt: Old Navy (exact)
Cardigan: Banana Republic via thredUP -- similar from Target with scalloped edges!
Skirt: some obscure company on Amazon (find a shorter version on Top Shop for $30)
Heels: Naturalizer (SO comfortable!) -- similar by Madden Girl
Belt: New York & Co. (I love their belts.) 

Mom and Dad gave Rudy and his brother, Sammy, hair cuts. As a result, you can see Rudy's eyes much better, and he's a billion times cuter, which I didn't even know was possible. Seriously though, look at those eyeballs. Adorable doesn't even begin to cover it. 

This picture kills me. He tried crawling up my legs at one point. This point, in fact.

Almost every picture is of me laughing like this.



This pup is Sammy, and I love those ears. He wasn't infatuated with my outfit, but he loves sitting on laps. 

Linking up with
* Style Sessions (http://stylelixir.com)

14 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. How do you like ThredUp?? I've gone on multiple times but get overwhelmed having to look through everything to find something good. That cardi is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful skirt! I totally understand your love for it, and for dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love the mix of peach and pinks in this outfit. If I weren't already visiting your blog on the regular to see your smiling face and read your witty remarks, I'd definitely come by for the puppy portraits. They are some adorable little dudes. Good luck planning what to wear for your trip! I know I'd be so overwhelmed I'd probably just try to look back on some of my all time favorite outfits for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress was really one size fits all!?! Haha, crazy! In any case, I love it! You look so feminine and glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have such a hard time packing for trips! Good luck deciding! If all else fails, go with what has worked in the past. Also, that cardigan and top combination is so pretty! I love tops like those because they allow for so many different combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand why you love that skirt. What a great color, length, and material. One size fits all tends to scare me but if it comes from Asia, I guess we have a chance of it fitting right? I'm not sure if that's being racist or observant but I know of many tiny Asian women in my life.

    Moving on, as for what to bring... since you will get new clothes there to be photographed in, I would just choose something you absolutely love and feel good in for the nice dinner. Maybe a pretty dress and bright cardigan or blazer? For the plane, I'd wear leggings if you have them. Or if you want to look a bit nicer, maybe a maxi skirt? Ok so according to Google, it will be in the 90s when you arrive and a few days after. The lows are only in the low 70s to mid 60s so you won't need more than a light jacket. I'm not sure if you're staying past Wed, but on Thursday there is a chance of thunderstorms just FYI. Definitely keep that in mind! So breathable fabrics? Dresses are super easy right? Or maybe a nice dress for dinner and a pair of nice tops and pair of skirts? Sandals and easy to walk in heels? I don't know if I'm actually helping here or just making it even more confusing.

    I've been looking through all your outfits on your "Outfits" page and here's what I've come up with. Maybe it'll spark some inspiration.

    I absolutely love this skirt: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9HwHISMySu4/Uwvf3Ig-EeI/AAAAAAAAHhk/UJAbZM55oPM/s1600/DSC06155.jpg. I think it's perfect for spring, will keep you cool, and would look great with anything.
    If you wanted to wear skirts the whole time, I think a neutral like this: http://littlebitofwowe.blogspot.com/2014/04/pastels-metallics.html or this: http://littlebitofwowe.blogspot.com/2013/08/lace-flowy-skirt.html would be perfect. I actually really like the last outfit here with your lace tee. You could pair that lace tee with any of the skirts and it'll easily match.

    I also think this gorgeous top would go perfectly with the floral skirt in particular but will look nice with all the skirts from above: http://littlebitofwowe.blogspot.com/2013/08/seersucker-and-fuschia.html.

    Shoes: I would just go with whatever you'll be most comfortable in, whether that's sandals, wedges, flats, heels, whatever.

    For your night out, I'm not sure how fancy it will be but if it's on the nicer side, I am in love with your bridesmaid's dress from this post: http://littlebitofwowe.blogspot.com/2013/05/backstreets-back-alright.html.

    If that's too fancy, your white lace dress: http://littlebitofwowe.blogspot.com/2013/04/polka-dots-and-lace.html would be easy to match and accessorize.

    One or two completer pieces: I LOVE your basic camel cardigan which would easily match everything and any one of your 40+ blazers. A statement necklace or two and you'd be good to go :) Maybe a fun belt since I know how much you like them. Let us know what you decide to bring! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA, I get teased about my love of dogs ALL THE TIME, but I don't care at all. They're just so perfect! I keep telling Kevin that I want to move to a house with a HUGE fenced-in yard so that I can foster dogs and place them in their forever homes. That's my dream hobby/retirement project/life goal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness, your dog is so cute! It's so funny, whenever we get the camera out to take my pictures, my dog and cat are right there too! Your skirt is very pretty too! I'm loving the mix of shades of pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omgsh that puppy!! I am so with you--if I could just work with dogs the rest of my life, I would be content ha :) PS. I LOVE that shirt so much--I have it, but I am totally diggin how you dressed it up by pairing it with a skirt--must try! Have a blast in Dallas girl.

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so cute and happy as a peach or a raspberry or both. =D

    I love Dallas by the way. It's a fun city. I have been 4 times. I have relatives there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit! It's an explosion of spring! I'm so excited to hear all about your adventures in Dallas. I suspect it is warm this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought a pair of naturalizer heels over my spring break and I wear them once a week! Everyone asks if my feet hurt but honestly, they're so darn comfy that I wouldn't mind wearing them every day! BEST heels ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fellow pasty legs - holla! I try to get away with "alabaster," but who am I kidding?

    Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore your outfit!
    So sweet and feminine!
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.