Friday, April 18, 2014

I won't talk about my nose today.

I gave my little social media and blog buttons a face lift over there on the right. I know. They look so much prettier. However, dear reader, do not be fooled by my apparent awesomeness. It's just procrastination in disguise. By procrastination, I mean, "I'm finally feeling well enough to grade papers during spring break, but PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME." I am sure the guilt will ensue soon enough because isn't that the life of a teacher? Well, it's the life of this teacher. 

Anyway, I know I can't "cheat" the Looking Lucky challenge and double up any of the themes, so I bring you yet another look inspired by the theme "geometrics." I must confess, however, that Geometry was the only class in which I landed a C. Ever. Proofs befuddled me no matter how many times the teacher explained it. Though I think I should add that this particular teacher previously "taught" my rapscallion of an older brother. In truth, she had him in only homeroom, but he terrorized her quite effectively. For fear of narcs, I will not divulge the tomfoolery in which he engaged that may or may not have led to her eventual admittance to an institution. As such, when she taught me, I think she took one look at me and thought, "oh, damn," which may be why she seated me so close to the door that one forceful sneeze would have shot me into the hallway. 
It's very hard to pay attention in the back of the class. I should know.

So, how are we feeling about white pants? And wide-leg white pants no less? 



The Look:
Shirt: Old Navy (similar from Target)
Scarf: Banana Republic Outlet from Momma (I like this green and white floral one.)
Necklace: The Limited (really inexpensive at Body Central)
Shoes: via DSW (splurgespendsave)
Pants: New York & Co. (similarbootcutskinny)



I look so much sassier in this picture than I really am.

Linking up with
* Favorite Fashion Friday http://pennilesssocialite.blogspot.com/
* Style Elixir's Fab Friday http://stylelixir.com
* Charming Fridays http://www.charminglucy.com

10 comments:

  1. You definitely have the nautical vibe going on today! And I really like how you are wearing your scarf! It looks almost kimono-esque...very trendy of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney is right, you are looking so fabulously nautical today! I think blue + green is my very favorite color combination. And the print of your scarf with this anchor necklace is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the print on that scarf! And I always thought geometry proofs were ridiculous. Why do I have to do this, if we already know it's true? I will believe it without having to do busy work! But I had a really great geometry teacher, and it was actually the last year I felt like I understood math. Algebra 2 and Calc were evil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your scarf and how you are wearing it! I never would have thought to do that! I will definitely have to try this look out sometime soon!

    I found your blog via Style Elixir's Fab Favorites Link Up!
    Emily
    somethinggoldsomethingblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I haven't seen pants like this in such a long time! They look so weird! haha, but not on you, just weird because 99% of pants I see are spray-painted on. You could be hiding an oompa loompa in these things! but seriously, I'm just poking fun at you because I think we're at that point in our bloggership where we can? I sure hope so, otherwise I feel like an a$$. The most important thing is how you feel about them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seriously amazed, and slightly jealous of your writing. You never fail to bring a smile to my face. Plus, you always have the best stories.

    I'll be honest, those pants aren't my favorite BUT that's only because you look so amazing in your skinny jeans and skinny ankle pants. The color combo on the other hand, is a total WIN! Very nautical indeed. Navy is such a great color on you and lightening it up with the green pattern scarf completes the look flawlessly. Good luck on finishing up those essays before Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look adorable. I love the nautical vibe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty sure I didn't do that great in Geometry either. :/

    I LOVE white pants..and the wide leg white pants. This entire look is beautiful. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh white wide leg pants... very cool and very unique. You totally pull them off. It's weird how our perspective on pants can change.. the other day I tried on my old pair of boot cuts and I just couldn't do it. It felt so weird. But I'm glad they are coming back because they really are so much more comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm such a nerd - I loved geometry (although proofs were the devil) and trigonometry...and all the math, to be honest. Loved. It. I used to work at a community college and I got a free class every semester if I wanted, and I took high-level algebra classes. For fun. NERD ALERT.

    You look really good in those wide leg pants, but I don't think I could pull them off. I look much better in straight legged pants (and bootcut, but I haven't found a good pair of bootcut jeans in ages!).

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.