Thursday, February 13, 2014

Parent-Teacher Conferences (Part 2)

Well, if 10"+ of snow weren't staring at me from below my apartment window, this outfit is what I would be wearing for conferences tonight. Instead, I'm wearing 15-year-old pajama pants, a thermal shirt, and a North Face zipper up. (Hey, it all matches.)

So, we had conferences last night. The snow had started to fall and stick on the roads when I finally left the building after conferences. When I stepped into the parking lot, who was there? My husband. He had cleaned off my car, started it, pushed the heated seat button, and drove behind me so as to keep people off my butt. Seriously, I hit the husband jackpot. Currently, he is driving his truck to his parents' house 15-20 minutes away so that he can shovel their driveway for them. On Saturday, I have a massage appointment that's "not for Valentine's Day because we're not getting each other anything." That man's kindness never ceases to amaze me.

Okay, I'll bypass the sappiness and continue with what would have been today's outfit.


The Look:
Blazer: LOFT (on SUPER sale but very few sizes left--I got it for $32, which is quite a score for a gorgeous LOFT blazer like this one!)
Skirt: LOFT (close option from Target)
Shirt: New York and Company (really cute $9 options at Kohl's)
Tights: The Limited (can't find them online anymore)
Boots: b.o.c. via DSW (bought them almost two years ago)




I wanted to make you laugh today, so I included the following two pictures.


I'm not entirely sure what I was doing, but it wasn't bringing sexy back.

I laugh so hard. She snapped a picture of me as I disgustedly asked, "IS THAT A DEAD BIRD CARCASS IN THE TREE!?" Mom assured me it was not, but I'm still speculating.

--------------------------
Linking up with
and
------------------------

Join our red and white link up :)




13 comments:

  1. I have so many outtakes from my blog photos when I get distracted by something. A possible dead bird carcass definitely would have distracted me. Thanks for linking up!
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww how sweet is your hubby! Although this snow needs to hit the road ha--ready for some sunshine! I love this outfit tho--you are def. bringing sexy back--even in the outtakes :)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, what a nice husband you have! We're "not getting each other anything," but he usually cheats somehow. I don't complain, because I love presents! OH, and that blazer is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHAHA okay yeah I laughed out loud at the last picture. I do stuff like that all the time. I really like this outfit, that top is too perfect! I just came in from shoveling those 10+ inches of snow, so I'm wearing b&w printed leggings, a green tie-dye long sleeve tee and burgundy slippers. Not matching at all!! Your hubby is so sweet! (I hope you don't mind my rambling comments where I talk about 5 different things with zero transition between haha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that last picture is gross and hilarious (not the picture itself, but the behind the scenes;) your husband does sound like a real gem!!! and your would-be outfit is great. i love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your husband is so sweet!! I love that he goes out of his way to do sweet things like that for you and his parents. Shows the type of guy he is. You lucked out on that one!
    You always make me laugh. I can't tell you how much I enjoy seeing your funny pictures. Not a lot of bloggers have the courage to do that, myself in included. Your outfit is adorable, I love the red theme all week. Although pjs sound so much better right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your husband is so sweet!!! Enjoy your snow day!! Love this outfit! Red skirt is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet hubby!! :) Cute outfit today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your husband is such a nice guy! :) Stay safe in all that snow!! That skirt is so cute, and that pleat is such a cute detail!

    Jess - J's Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw how sweet of your hubby! I am loving that shirt! Such pretty detail!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet of your hubby and that last picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. BAHAHA! That last picture of you kills me!! So much disgust! Hahahaha. I really dig this outfit - black, white, and red together is a classic combo that I love! Also, you really did hit the husband jackpot! So sweet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hubby is a sweetheart, how darling of him!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.