Thursday, March 13, 2014

What I Wore to Work: Teacher Style

This week, I keep sitting down to write something, but my brain has farted. I cannot recover it. 
My sophomores have zapped my brain cells with their ridiculous shenanigans this week. 
I create a step-by-step outline for them that tells them what to write in every.single.spot, and they say, "I didn't know what to do" after it was due. Why am I not allowed to use a Nerf or water gun to pelt or spray some sense into them? WHY? Today, one student asked what to do for an assignment that I explained three times and had directions projected on the screen. (I pride myself on being really good at giving directions, but what good are directions if the person following them does not open his or her ears?) Luckily, another student responded, very sarcastically, first: "Oh, I don't know. The directions aren't on the screen or anything." Thank you, other teenagers, for saying what would have included an expletive if it came from my mouth.
I love my job, but they are trying the hell out of my patience this week. 


The Look:
Blazer: LOFT (similar)
Sweater: The Limited (another sparkle sweater)
Pants: Exact Stretch via The Limited (similar)
Shoes: Nine West via Marshall's (similar)





--------------------------------------
Linking up with...

12 comments:

  1. Sometimes those crummy weeks can really get you down. When I'm having a tough day at work I load up my mug that says "Specs Appeal" (with a picture of a pair of glasses) with an obscene amount of drinking chocolate powder. Then, I make myself a rockin' hot chocolate.

    Good luck with teaching next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urg, comments like this from kids drive me crazy. Yay for other students who can go to bat for you :) I just got a white blazer almost like this and I love it! Great styling here, I need to keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably my favorite outfit on you. :) very cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove the jeweled neckline on your top and those shoes are so pretty!!

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my those pants look AMAZING on you!! Are those the ones you skinnified? If they are, then I'm really bummed I can get me a pair. Also, that camel sweater has me swooning. Can I just borrow this outfit? I promise to return them... snicker snicker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry your students have given you such a hard time. You are looking gorgeous though. This is one of your best ensembles ever. Loving the Pants and the Blazer - they fit you perfectly too. It might be the best Blazer in your large collection. I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reason #378 why I'm not a teacher! I work with the 5th-6th grade girls at church on Wednesday nights and their questions just kill me sometimes! It's like they turn to a new page in their workbook, and look at me asking "what am I supposed to do for this?" "Umm, I don't know - did you read the paragraph of instructions?" "no" "Do you know how to read?" "OF COURSE! I'm 10!" "How about you try that and let me know if you need clarification??" And that's only a couple hours a week. I couldn't do it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, thank all that is holy that it isn't just me. It must be the time of year when all the blood is being used for various hormones, and not for any brain functioning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ugggh. My students had to write an essay that included an argument, an objection to the argument, and a response to the objection. One student went over the word limit (by maybe two pages) and only had an argument. I gave them their essays back today and he looked befuddled as to why he got the poor grade he did. I didn't even bother to dignify his puzzlement. I'm such a terrible teacher. But I'm dealing with 18-20 year olds. They really should know better than now. [end rant. for now.] On a happier note, can we talk about how much I love your bow flats and how I need me a pair? Bows are just so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's a reason that sophomore means "wise moron." The sophomores I work with are by far the most frustrating students - I just want to shake some sense in to some of them! Yikes! Also, your pants are fantastic - they look like they were made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit! I am love with these neutrals, and those shoes! And yeah, I feel your pain, they are exactly the same in middle school.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.