Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Let the Interviews Commence

Today, my juniors finally take part in mock interviews, a graduation requirement where I teach. I prepared for the occasion by bringing two black blazers, a black pencil skirt, a lint roller, thread/needles, straight pins, and some wrinkle releaser. If we have a mishap or someone needs a wardrobe change, I should be able to help in some way, shape, or form. I'll MacGyver that ish. 

What I'm wearing in today's post is definitely interview appropriate. It has personality without being distracting. A sartorially savvy interviewer might even ask me where I found such a lovely colored blazer. In fact, another junior teacher (who knows about this here blog) told his students, "If Ms. Wo would wear it to school, then you're okay to wear it for an interview." HAHA. Yesterday, I told my female students, "I'm going to be like your dad before your first date: if I don't like what you're wearing, I'm sending you back upstairs to change. Don't think I won't." 

They giggled. Nervously.

I have been looking for months and months for a leopard print shirt that did not assault my eyes. I found this beauty on the Banana Republic sale rack for $25, which excited me because of the price and the fact that I saw it online a month or two ago, wanted it badly, but refused to pay the higher price at the time. Good things come to those who wait. Yes, indeedy. 

Also, this week must be unintentionally mustard/yellow themed. I've worn mustard several days in a row. I think someone is ready for spring. Spring weather, to be exact.


The Look:
Blazer: Vince Camuto via Nordstrom 
Sleeveless Leopard Print Blouse: Banana Republic
Pants: Slim leg Columnist Pant from Express
Belt: Target
Patent nude wedges: J.Crew Factory
Necklace: Sale rack at Francesca's 




Linking up with
* Pleated Poppy (www.thepleatedpoppy.com/blog














8 comments:

  1. You look great. I am on the hunt for a Mustard Blazer & Pencil Skirt. I always love it paired with Leopard and of course Black, too. That blouse was a great purchase.

    Your students must have fun with you every day.

    Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a fun non-traditional leopard print. I've been (non-actively) looking for a leopard print shirt for over a year, and I have yet to find one that meets all my criteria. By your reasoning, and my waiting period, I will find a super awesome perfect leopard print shirt any day now? That would be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This leopard blouse is pretty perfect, nice find! And this is definitely my type of interview attire. All the traditional silhouettes: blazer, slacks, a smart shoe, but in fun colors and prints! That's the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad there are some people in the world who are trying to teach kids these days how to be appropriate for interviews! I still can't believe what some of the recent college graduates would wear to interviews when I was hiring. If you can't even put on a suit for the interview, I am not going to be impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I'm pretty sure most leopard print assaults my eyes, but this shirt is definitely a good one. I really like that yellow blazer too - so pretty on you and definitely interview appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looove the leopard shirt!! The blazer looks great! Hope the mock interviews went well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're looking quite lovely here Danielle!! Your AMAZINGLY beautiful mustard blazer may have something to do with that...

    I'm so glad you find a leopard blouse! It's so hard to find the right one. Either the pattern is weird or the coloring isn't right or the shape isn't ideal. Yours looks really pretty and I like how the rest of the outfit matches it. How were those shoes the first day? Comfortable enough to wear all day?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, that last photo of you is stunning. It is simply unfair that you are this beautiful and funny and smart and kind. Seriously. I really like this outfit as well - the leopard + mustard + black combo is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.