Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Peplum, Black, and Leopard. Touché!

My mom took this picture, and this is her yappy (yet cute) dog, or, as my dad likes to say, my little "bruh bruh." Yuck. Gag me with a spoon, Dad. 

Before the capturing of this image, I had to ask, "his weiner isn't showing is it? I don't want his weiner hanging out." Who says these things? I do, folks. I do. 

Anyway, my department jokingly (or not?) decided to dress up as the Ravens (yeah, the team, not some cool Edgar Allan Poe theme) for Halloween. I would like to state that I do.not.watch.sports let alone own a jersey. My co-teacher brought in one of her kids' jerseys, but I thought it'd look weird with this peplum top, haha. Plus, I couldn't take off the top because jerseys have holes. Oh, costume problems. 

Also, dudes LOVE leopard print shoes. Dudes of all ages love leopard print shoes. Some old man at the grocery store stopped me to tell me how much he loved my shoes. He said, "You know, they're just the right amount of leopard. Classy. Not too much like an entire pair of pants." Oh, if only he had seen some of the patterned pants in my closet. Of course, not one of those is leopard print, so I guess I'm safe. 

A little Instagram love for you.


Up close and personal with my heels ;)


You have made it this far, so I might as well give you another lesson. How many of you know where in the sporting word we use the term touché?  Years ago, I decided to research this term because it confused me, and I'm admittedly a weirdo for loving these kinds of lessons. It's actually a fencing term. Here, I'll quote you some Merriam Webster (online version, but of course): "[the word is] used to acknowledge a hit in fencing or the success or appropriateness of an argument, an accusation, or a witty point." It's as if to say, "OH! You got a good shot on me there, buddy. Nice work! [Insert thank you for poking me with your sword.]" Not surprisingly, the word comes from the French past participle of toucher, to touch. Okay, I think I'm bordering on  too much information now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.