Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sweater over Dress

Excuse the craptastic lighting in these photos. 
So, I lied to you. I can wear a button down under a sweater. This look worked for me for two reasons. One, the dress had short sleeves (no lumpy arms). Two, the sweater was chunky, so I couldn't see buttons showing through it. 
Since I was driving three hours to visit my bride-to-be best friend, I wanted to be comfortable during the drive. However, I also had to leave from work, which meant I needed comfortable + work appropriate. 
LADIES, leggings are only appropriate when you cover your butt. 

So, my husband is sequestered to the couch with popsicles, water, and blankets. For the first time in our 8.5 years of being together, he has the flu. Since I have to have a procedure done tomorrow, I can't eat for nearly two days, and I haven't been able to take vitamins for a week. I am really hoping my immune system can stay strong. Please let the fact that I've been working in a petri dish for seven years be enough to ward off the sickness. 

I guess we'll see.



Outfit Deets:
Dress: Kohl's (similar)
Sweater: Forever21 (similar)
Boots: Macy's (similarsimilar)
Leggings & Necklace: Gifts


Piggy bank failure. 
Who knows what's wrong with this picture?

14 comments:

  1. cute outfit! it's so unique and you pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emi :) I tried to get creative to gain some warmth and comfort!

      Delete
  2. You rocked the sweater over a dress look! I really love how the collar peeks out at the top!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who can resist gingham wherever it pops out? Certainly not me!

      Delete
  3. I loooove this outfit! Sweaters over dresses are my ultimate fave and I can't wait til our Autumn and Winter when I get the gloriously cold weather to do so. Your boots are amazing too!

    http://heythere-georgiegirl.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized the beauty of a sweater over a dress this past year, and I was wondering where that light bulb had been all of my life! You can't tell in the picture, but the boots have a little bit of give, so they work for different calf sizes. I loved that feature :)

      Delete
  4. Super cute layers! And one tip to avoid the button see through: wear a tank over your collared shirt... it does wonders :)

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that because of Franziska (she had posted something about that tip), but it flattened the heck out of my chest. I didn't have much more flattening to do! I might try it again with a short sleeved button down so as to avoid the lumpy arms. Hmmm.

      Delete
  5. love that darling coral skirt at the top! How fun is that for spring? I just got a teal skirt that makes me giddy for the spring/summer to come! Cute ideas. Thanks for the post!

    mariahlauren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great and love the plaid. Hope you stay healthy too. We had the flue right at New Year's and my entire household except my husband were sick for about two weeks each.. This year's flu is a doozy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute outfit love the plaid!

    Kristin
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very cute outfit! =D


    Yellow Blog [design]
    http://yellowblog.storenvy.com
    - Get 10% OFF by using the code "valentines2013"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea, totally re purposes a dress! Im hosting a giveaway on my blog this week, I would love it if you stopped by and entered!
    xo Dina
    Sweetest Somethings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Classic chic :) Really cute blog - perhaps we could follow each other?

    xo Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.