Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Meal Plans and Spots

I rang in the new year with an apple juice box, a Lifetime movie on demand, and a zonked out husband who had no recollection of the New Year's kiss that I gave to him. 

As a result of all of my food intolerances, sensitivities, and allergies, I've been trying to reclaim my health through my meal plans and nutritional supplements. Call it a new LIFE resolution, if you will. I even went so far as to start seeing a nutritionist at the nearby hospital (best decision ever). 
Anyway, I'm going to focus my efforts on taking my meal plan from healthy to balanced. Luckily for me, my husband is completely on board. In fact, he'd like to start contributing his "recipes" to this here blog. For the record, I've nicknamed him Jeff Boyardee. Cute, I know.


All right, I feel like, for the past few posts, I've tried to provide you with some resourceful links to all sorts of information. Well, I'm about to inundate you with several today

If you want some help balancing your meals, ChooseMyPlate.gov is a valuable resource. 

The nutritionist told me about The Fresh 20, which I'd like to try because it has gluten-free menu options (and normal ones, too, so don't worry.)
 Jeff was not a fan that you had to pay for it, so he found Eating Well's gluten-free meal plan.

If you hate that the doctor always sends you off with a bag of pills and you'd rather find a more natural method of healing, the best book that sits on my parents' bookshelf and mine is Prescription for Nutritional Healing. It should be a bookshelf staple for everyone...inmyhumbleopinion

I admit that Dr. Oz is awesome (and nice to look at), but Dr. Weil has been around for a long time and doesn't earn nearly enough credit for his knowledge. Advice that he's been giving for what seems like forever is finally becoming mainstream information. He's worth checking out, too.  

And, BAM! I send you off with a handful of links and my outfit.
I tried a new color combination, and I'm a big fan. I hope you are, too. 
It's okay if you're not. I'll probably wear it again anyway. 


 If it weren't frowned upon and mildly unsanitary, I would wear this cardigan every day, but then the other clothes in my closet would feel sad, and I can't have that, now can I?

Outfit Deets

Cardigan: LOFT (old but here's a sort of similar one at Old Navy)
Top: The Limited (here's one on the cheap from NY & Co.)
Belt: J.Crew (I think I like this $15 one from Lulu's better.)
Flats: Mod Cloth (these from Nordstrom are cute)
Necklace: NY & Co.


Oh, Jeff made some delicious tuna salad that has a lot of good stuff in it.

Mix together the following ingredients:
2 cans albacore tuna
1 carrot
1 celery stalk
 some mayo to help it mix (we use the kind with olive oil in it)
salt
pepper
parsley
1 avocado (my favorite part)


Whew! I hope you feel mighty educated after reading this post. Actually, if you made it this far, I applaud you.


Oh, and I linked up with The Pleated Poppy, Rolled Up Pretty, and Because Shanna Said So today :)
P.S. Here's to hoping I win that J.Crew giveaway from Here & Now!

4 comments:

  1. When I finally found out gluten was my problem, it was such a relief. So nice to finally figure out what the issue was. Best of luck, and keep at it - it can be a trying, but worthwhile venture.

    Laura
    http://laurawears.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How long have you been gluten-free? Do you have any favorite recipes/snacks/etc.? I've been gluten-free for about four years, and boy, did it alleviate so many problems (especially seasonal allergies)! Now, I've found that I'm actually insensitive/allergic to other foods, too. It's been quite a food journey, to say the least. I'd love to hear your favorite gluten-free go-to meals/foods :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm your newest follower :) I hope you follow my blog too!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.