Monday, January 28, 2013

Mustard & Dots

I know that turtlenecks are no longer cool, but do you really think that's going to stop me? No, ma'am. Admittedly, I'm somewhat small. These little bird bones need warmth, and if it comes in the form of a turtleneck, then so be it. Judge me all you wish.

When do you think my mom will stop buying me clothes? I hope the answer to that question is "nevah!" (Yes, spelled just like that.) She always does such a good job finding me fun stuff to wear. Does anyone else (who's quickly approaching thirty) have a Momma who still buys her clothes? I'm not talking about Italian men like my husband because dudes don't factor into this equation. I'm not sure most men ever buy or pick out their own clothes. I'm talking about grown women who still rely on their Mommas for sartorial wisdom. If I'm shopping without Momma dukes, and I'm a little leery about something, I take a picture and text it to my mom. She's saved me from multiple cases of buyer's remorse. (I know that the simple solution to that problem is simply taking back the clothes, but ain't nobody got time for that!) Anyway, the moral of this story? A girl always needs her Momma. 
Well, this girl does. 

I hope you enjoy today's outfit. 
I enjoyed wearing it. 



I dub this pose the "why did I take off my sweater?" slouch. 
It's classy. Try it out sometime.

Outfit Deets:
Sweater: The Limited
Belt: NY & Co.
Skirt: Target (gift from Momma!)
Scarf: Made by Momma!
Boots: Franco Sarto via Marshall's
Hat: Target


Linking up with the lovely Molly today. You should check it out for some other ladies' lovely looks. 

9 comments:

  1. Yesss, love marigold or mustard or whatever... Happy without being neon or too bright. Dig.

    amanda
    http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am totally guilty of neon, too. I just can't seem to help myself. Will power, be damned!

      Delete
  2. i absolutely adore this outfit!! what a gorgeous combo! i hope you don't mind but im going to pin you to my inspiration board!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a matter of fact, that gives me warm and fuzzies!

      Delete
  3. Love the skirt! Great look! <3<3

    Giveaway on my blog!
    http://lovesushiandfashion.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving your mustard look!
    http://www.mythriftychic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color combination! love the skirt! :)
    I'm going to try that pose "why did I take off my sweater" slouch, LOL. You're so adorable! :)

    Xo,
    Amor GLAMOROZA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love the color combo. I am 33 and I still need my Mom's opinion for my clothes. One of my favorite things to do is shop with her because she has good taste and is honest about how things look on me. And sometimes she says, "Its my treat!" and buys something I like but can't quite afford, or she'll go halfsies with me and help me pay for it!. And yes if she's not with me and I find something I like but am not quite sure about I will text her a pic. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.